Year Round Vegetables, Fruits and Flowers for Metro Houston
by Bob Randall, Ph.D.
This book is the definitive guide to growing vegetables and fruit in the greater Houston area. It includes how to build raised beds and detailed information on the best plant varieties for our area. It also includes recommendations of local shops online sources to get soils, tools, seeds, transplants, and more.
Shops Where You Can Buy This Book
The Urban Harvest office offers the book during our business hours. It is also in the classroom for sale before and after classes. $45 (only $30 for Urban Harvest members)
Please call the stores below for pricing and availability of the book:
- River Oaks: Buffalo Hardware Co., 2614 Westheimer Rd. 713-524-1011
- Upper Kirby: Lucia's Garden, 2216 Portsmouth. 713-523-6494
- Upper Kirby: Urban Harvest Farmers Market
- West U: Brazos Bookstore, 2421 Bissonnet St. 713-523-0701
- Bellaire: Teas Nursery, 4400 Bellaire Blvd. 713-664-4400
- Heights: Buchanan's Native Plants, 611 E. 11th. 713-861-5702
- West End: Wabash Antiques & Feed Store, 5701 Washington Ave. 713-863-8322
- Tomball: The Arbor Gate, 15635 FM 2920. 281-351-8851
- Conroe/Woodlands: Nature's Way Resources, 101 Sherbrook Circle. 936-321-6990
- Pearland: Sweet Organic Solutions 2802 S Main Pearland, Tx. 77381 281-485-3734
- Richmond/Rosenburg: Enchanted Gardens, 6420 FM 359. Richmond, Tx. 77469 281-341-1206.
- Richmond/Rosenburg:: Enchanted Forest, 10611 FM 2759 Richmond, Tx. 77469 281-937-9449