3-4 medium sweet potatoes
1 can of evaporated milk (12 oz.)
1 stick of butter
2 tsp. lemon extract
6 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 400°F
2) Scrub 3-4 medium sweet potatoes to remove soil. Place into a stock pot and fill with water until waterline is 2-3 inches above potatoes. Boil potatoes until fork tender*(about 1 hour).
3) Drain potatoes cool until warm enough to safely remove the peels. Mash potatoes and measure 4 cups into a large bowl.
4) Add: 1-12 fl oz can of evaporated milk, 1 stick of butter, 2 tsp. of lemon extract, 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract, and 6 large eggs.
5) Mix with a mixer until smooth. Remove any fiberous strings.
6) Pour batter into 2 – 9 inch deep pie shells.
7) Bake for 15 minutes. Decrease the heat to 350° or until you can insert a knife 1-inch from the edge of your pie, and it comes out clean. Let ccool for 30-40 min. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
*Fork Tender: when you can easily insert a fork without applying too much presure. Your potatoes should be tender all the way through. Stick a Fork in It!