Urban Harvest Saturday Farmers Market
Open This Saturday, 8am-12pm
Please Note Market Updates
- If you are feeling ill, coughing or sneezing, please do not attend the market.
- There are 3 hand-washing stations located around the market; please use them and practice appropriate social distancing (6ft. of space is recommended) when shopping or standing in line.
- Customers cannot handle food. All vendors are required to wear gloves and change often; no self-serve of any kind.
- Hot food will only be served as to-go orders. We will not be setting up chairs or tables, and request customers shop and go; please don’t linger.
- Cashless payments are encouraged, but some vendors will still accept cash.
**NOW AVAILABLE: Drive-Thru Service at the Saturday Farmers Market for Online Pre-Orders, and Double Up Houston Produce Boxes (“CSAs”)
MORE INFO HERE
Saturdays, 8am - 12pm, Year round, rain/shine.
WE WILL BE OPEN ON SATURDAY ARPIL 4th, 2020. PLEASE READ OUR MARKET RULES AND ABIDE BY THEM SO WE CAN REMAIN OPEN.
2752 Buffalo Speedway
Houston, Texas 77027
In 2004, Urban Harvest’s Saturday Farmers Market started with just seven vendors, providing an outlet for community and backyard gardeners to sell fresh produce harvested directly from their own soils. Today, many of our original vendors – including Animal Farm, Atkinson Farms, and Pat Greer’s Kitchen – are now part of one of Texas’ largest farmers markets, today supporting over 70 local Houston farmers market vendors.
All farmers and producers in our market come from within 180 miles of Houston, offering the freshest, local produce and meats available. Our prepared and hot food vendors source 51% of their ingredients from local farms and growers, providing additional economic support to producers and building a more interconnected local food system.
Urban Harvest’s Houston Farmers Market Program continues to champion the vision that started it all:
support fresh, real food – and those who grow and raise it.
“Urban Harvest offers those of us who grow food the opportunity to connect with the small, but growing, number of people that want to improve their relationship with food, and its inevitable effects on our health. Every Saturday at the farmers market I discuss plants, nutrition, soil and cooking with people who want to learn, and people who are willing to teach me. “
Glen Miracle, Laughing Frog Farm
“Urban Harvest is such a pillar in the community to be able to be a part of that little foundation is huge for me.”
Pat Greer, Pat Greer’s Kitchen
“This food not only tastes better, but it’s better for us. I’ve set a mission of if it doesn’t grow here, I don’t cook it. If it’s not meat that I can source from around here, I don’t cook it. And that means that I’m both supporting the local food movement, and I’m also cooking a very high-quality product.”
Tony Luhrman, El Topo Taco Truck
We Dig Houston. Discover just how local our vendors are!
Grow Resilience with Urban Harvest:
Social distancing doesn’t mean we have to be disconnected