Urban Harvest welcomes SNAP Benefits!
What’s more, take advantage of the Double Up Houston Program. Use your Lonestar/EBT Card and we will double your SNAP dollars on fruits and vegetables, now up to $30 a day, at participating farmers markets!
NEW: Double Up Houston Pre-Made Produce Boxes (“CSAs”)
at the Urban Harvest Saturday Farmers Market & Drive-Thru +
the new Northeast Community Farmers Market Drive-Thru
Four Easy Steps:
- Pre-Order Here to reserve your CSA now, or purchase your box, in-person, at a drive-thru location
- Double Up Houston CSAs contain $25 worth of fresh fruits and vegetables. The CSAs cost $10 with SNAP benefits, or $20 with cash, debit, or credit. Payment accepted upon pick-up
- Pick up your CSA at the location of your choice:
- The Urban Harvest Saturday Farmers Market – at the green greeters tent, on Saturdays between 8:30am and 11:30am
- The Urban Harvest Saturday Farmers Market drive-thru – located on top of the market’s parking garage, on Saturdays between 8:30am and 11:30am
- The Northeast Community Farmers Market drive-thru – located at Finnigan Park Community Center, on Friday April 10 between 9:00am and 11:00am
- The Northeast Community Farmers Market drive-thru – located at First Mt. Olive Baptist Church, on Saturday April 18 between 10:00am and 2:00pm
- Upon arrival, an Urban Harvest representative will approach your vehicle. Tell us your name and order, and we will place the CSA(s) in your vehicle.
- Safely enjoy the fresh, healthy food, from the farm to your car.
About SNAP/Double Up Food Bucks
What is SNAP?
The USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) offers nutrition assistance to millions of low-income individuals and families. Through benefits distributed by the Food and Nutrition Service, SNAP aims to increase food accessibility to communities in need.
What is Double Up Food Bucks?
Shop with your EBT/Lonestar card at farmers markets near you, and get FREE “Double Up Food Bucks” to spend on fresh fruits and veggies. Receive a dollar-for-dollar match on SNAP benefits, up to $30 a day, to spend on your produce
How to use SNAP and Double Up at the Farmers Market:
1. Visit a participating farmers market. Bring your EBT/Lonestar Card to the market information booth.
2. Get FREE Double Up Food Bucks for fruits and vegetables. Every SNAP dollar you spend will be matched, up to $30 a day, in FREE Double Up Food Bucks to spend on local produce.
3. Use SNAP and Double Up Food Bucks to shop at the market. Double Up Food Bucks do not expire and can be saved for next time! Stretch your food bucks further.
What can I buy with my SNAP coupons?
- Fruits, vegetables, and herbs
- Cheese, eggs, and other dairy products
- Meat products (red meat, seafood, poultry)
- Bread and other baked goods
- Honey, maple syrup, jams, and sauces
- Seeds and plants that produce food (e.g. basil seeds or tomato plants)
What can I buy with Double Up Food Bucks?
- Fruits and vegetables
- Seeds and plants that produce food
Bring home more fresh, healthy food for you and your family!
Participating Farmers Markets Across Houston / Mercados Agrícolas a Través de Houston:
Year-Round Markets / Los mercados que operan todo el año:
Blodgett Urban Gardens
3216 Blodgett St. 77004
10401 Scott St. 77051
Pick-up and drive-through only
Finca Tres Robles
257 Greenwood 77011
Pick-up and drive-through only
Online Store available
Northeast Community Farmers Market
4901 Lockwood Dr. 77026
1st and 3rd Saturday/El primer y tercer sábados, 10am-2pm
Palm Center Farmers Market
5997 Beekman Rd. 77021
2nd and 4th Saturdays/
El segundo y cuarto sábado
9am – 1pm
Plant It Forward Farms
4030 Willowbend Blvd 77025
Pre-order Farm Share(Produce Box) for pick-up and home delivery only
Urban Harvest Farmers Market
2752 Buffalo Speedway 77027
Produce Box available for pick-up and drive through
For more about our SNAP vendors at Urban Harvest, visit the Meet Our Vendors page!
Get Moving Houston Farmers Market – Acres Home Multi-Service Center
6719 West Montgomery Rd. 77091
Third Thursday of the month/El tercer jueves del mes
Get Moving Houston Farmers Market – Denver Harbor Multi-Service Center
6402 Market St. 77020
Third Tuesday of the month/El tercer martes del mes
Get Moving Houston Farmers Market – Magnolia Multi-Service Center
7037 Capitol St. 77011
Second Thursday of the month/
El segundo jueves del mes
Get Moving Houston Farmers Market – Northeast Multi-Service Center
9720 Spaulding St. 77016
First Wednesday of the month/
El primer miercoles del mes
Get Moving Houston Farmers Market – Southwest Multi-Service Center
6400 High Star Dr. 77074
Second Wednesday of the month/
El segundo miercoles del mes
Get Moving Houston Farmers Market – Sunnyside Multi-Service Center
9314 Cullen Blvd. 77051
First Thursday of the month/
El primer jueves del mes
Click on the interactive map below to find farmers markets and farm stands where you can continue to double your SNAP benefits, get over 50% off pre-made produce boxes (“CSAs”), and more.
Curious about SNAP/Double Up at your market/farm stand? Fill out this survey.
Enroll in SNAP with Houston Food Banks Client Assistance Program (CAP) during the week of July 23. Click here for more information.
Inscríbase en SNAP con el Client Assistance Program (Programa de asistencia al cliente, CAP) de Houston Food Bank durante la semana del 23 de Julio. Haga clic aquí para más información.