About our Affiliate Gardens
Urban Harvest’s Affiliate Garden community includes one of the largest networks of edible gardens in the country. Our organization teaches people how to start and maintain a community garden; provides volunteers, materials, and seasonal plants; and offers ongoing training, education, and expertise on community engagement, gardening skills, and healthy eating to affiliate gardens.
Some Benefits of Becoming an affiliated garden include:
- Individual and group volunteer referrals
- Complementary spots in our gardening classes
- Listing in our Affiliate Garden Map
- Free plants, materials, and education at Hub Distributions
- Participation in Adopt-a-Garden
- Gardening advice
- Free seeds from Urban Harvest’s seasonal seed bank
- Discounts on gardening supplies from the following local retail locations:
- Nature’s Way Resources
- Quality Feed & Garden Inc.
- RCW Nurseries
- Subscription to our quarterly planting guide
- Ability to post on our Community Garden Facebook Group
How to Become an Affiliate Garden
- Provide Urban harvest with up-to-date contact information for our database, including:
- Garden address and full name
- Garden leader and contact information
- Schedule a visit with the Community Gardens Committee to come see your garden.
- Complete the Becoming an Affiliate Garden Survey
- Purchase a Community Garden Affiliate sign for your garden. For more information or to order a community garden sign please contact email@example.com
Our Affiliate Gardens
Click and zoom on the interactive map below to find out more about our affiliate Houston community gardens!